We currently have two congregations in Newcastle. One meets on Sunday mornings in Heaton. The other, Sunday afternoons in Gosforth. Christ Church Heaton and Gosforth are two independent yet networked congregations. Together we call ourselves Christ Church Newcastle.
We also have a homegroup meeting in Fenham with a specific focus on reaching the West end of Newcastle.
You can read more about each congregation, and meet our leadership team, using the links on the right hand side of this page.
We are a confessional church with a Doctrinal Basis! So we believe in:
- the unity of the Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit in the Godhead
- the sovereignty of God in creation, revelation, redemption and final judgement
- the full deity of the Lord Jesus Christ the incarnate Son of God; his virgin conception by the Holy Spirit and his real and sinless humanity; his death on the cross, his bodily resurrection and his present reign in heaven and earth
- redemption from the guilt, penalty and power of sin only through the sacrificial death once and for all time of our representative and penal substitute, Jesus Christ, the only mediator between God and mankind
- the universal sinfulness and guilt of human nature since the fall, rendering mankind subject to God's wrath and condemnation
- justification as God's act of undeserved mercy, in which the sinner is pardoned all sin, and accepted as righteous in God's sight, only because of the righteousness of Christ imputed to him, this justification being received by faith alone
- the need for the Holy Spirit to make the work of Christ effective to the individual sinner, granting him repentance toward God and faith in Jesus Christ
- the indwelling of the Holy Spirit in all those thus regenerated, producing in them an increasing likeness to Christ in character and behaviour, and empowering them for their witness in the world
- the one holy Heavenly Church, to which all true believers belong
- the future personal return of the Lord Jesus Christ, who will judge all men, executing God's just condemnation and eternal punishment of the impenitent and receiving the redeemed to eternal glory
- the divine inspiration and infallibility of Holy Scripture as originally given, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct
- the perseverance of the saints
We are an independent evangelical church with a board of Trustees
Revd Hugo Charteris (Minister)
Miss Jo Herron (Retired Head Teacher)
Revd Justin Mote (Director of the North West Ministry Training Course)
Revd Pete Jackson (St. Andrew’s, Kendray)
Revd Simon Smallwood (St. George’s, Dagenham)
Mr Stephen Pugmire (Chair of Elders, Christ Church Newcastle)
We value partnership with other gospel-centered churches and organisations. In particular we are affiliated to Acts 29 Europe, the North East Gospel Partnership and we are members of the Fellowship of Independant Evangelical Churches.